In order to ensure the results to be correct and for your own safety, please read the instructions carefully before you come to the clinic.
- The time that you could take meals differs from the examination that you take.
Please read the following instructions carefully before the physical checkup.
- Please do not take any food or drink other than water or tea after the predetermined time. Drinks such as milk, sports drinks or juice and food such as chewing gum and candies could affect the results of examination (blood sugar level, neutral fat, liver function, etc.)
Instructions for various examinations
The time that you could take meals differs from the examination that you take. If you are going to take more than one examination, please see the topmost subject below.
Instructions for gastroscopy examination
【The night before the examination】
Please avoid heavy dinner and please finish eating before 9 pm. (the examination could not be carried out if there is any remnant of food in your stomach)
【The morning of the examination】
Please do not take any food or drink.
If you are taking medicine regularly, please ask your doctor beforehand.
If you are going to take a gastroscopy examination, please be sure to bring your Japanese health insurance card. (there might be additional charge because of pathological examination.)
Abdominal ultrasonography examination
Please do not take any food or drink before the examination for at least 8 hours.
On the day of the examination, please come to the clinic with an empty stomach (do not eat anything before the examination for at least 4 hours)
Regarding drinks, you could only take drinks that do not contain calories or sugar such as water or tea.
Please collect your urine sample by yourself on the morning of the examination following the instructions.
Fecal occult blood test
Please collect your stool samples in the containers by yourself following the instructions.
(If you are given two containers, please collect your stool samples in two different days.)
Please do not collect the samples during menstruation.
If you wear contact lenses, please bring a case with you as you will be asked to take your lenses off.
If you use disposable contact lenses, please bring spare lenses with you.
Cervical cytology (collected by doctor)
Please notice that we could not examine the sample if you are having menstruation or soon after menstruation. Please make a reservation 2 or 3 days after the bleeding completely stops.
Other things to pay attention to
- If you are receiving treatment of heart disease, arrhythmia or hypertension, there are possibilities that you could not stop taking medicine. In that case, please ask your doctor or our doctors beforehand.
- If you are taking cardiac stimulant, anti-arrhythmic drug or antihypertensive drugs, please take the medicine with a small amount of water as soon as possible after you wake up.
- If you do not take your medicine in the morning, please bring it with you in case that you should need to take it after the checkup.
- Please do not take medicines for diabetes in the morning of the checkup day. If you are receiving insulin shots, please ask your doctor for instructions.
- Please do not smoke after you wake up as smoking will interfere with the examination.
- We could not provide an X-ray examination or a cervical cytology examination.
- Please remember to tell us when you make the reservation or when you are at the reception counter if you are pregnant
- Please remember to tell our staff if you will be using a cardiac pacemaker.
- Please fill out the questionnaire of your checkup and give it to the clinic staff.
- Please come with clothes that are easy to take off.
- If you are going to be late, please call us. You might be refused to take the checkup if you are late for more than 15 minutes.
- If you could not come to the clinic, please contact us within 1 week before the checkup.